Top 10 Ways To Increase Your
In order to increase your Alexa ranking you must be
proactive in your strategies and plan your steps carefully to succeed.
With the right Alexa ranking you can demand higher prices from current
advertisers and attract new advertisers just the same. If you want to
increase your Alexa ranking, there are a few things you can do right now
to get there. Remember in order to move up in your alexa rank, you have
to bump someone out. You are competing for someone else's ranking and
you better be willing to do what it takes to achieve a higher ranking.
1. Sign up for an Alexa traffic exchange program such as http://www.upmyrank.com
, the large numbers of users can boost your alexa ranking dramatically.
2. Be sure to install the Alexa toolbar for Internet Explorer and
Firefox. Additionally be sure to set your website as the default
homepage for both browsers. Be sure to use each browser when you are
online as each will have a different toolbar id and may be seen as 2
3. Put up the Alexa rank widget on your website. While the exact effects
are unknown, it seems to help give the site a slight boost.
4. Encourage others to use the Alexa toolbar. This includes friends,
fellow webmasters as well as site visitors. Be sure to link to Alexa’s
full explanation of their toolbar and tracking system so your readers
know what installing the toolbar or extension entails. Additionally you
may want to ask your close relatives to install the toolbar and set your
homepage as their main site.
5. Have co-workers or own a company? Get the Alexa toolbar and SS
Firefox extension installed on all computers and set your website as the
homepage for all browsers. Perhaps it will be useful to note that this
may work only when dynamic or different IPs are used.
6. Write or host content about Alexa. Webmaster and bloggers love to
hear about ways to increase their Alexa rank. They’ll link to you and
send you targeted traffic (i.e. visitors with the toolbar already
installed). This gradually has effects on your Alexa ranking.
7. Flaunt your URL in webmaster forums. Webmasters usually have the
toolbar installed. You’ll get webmasters to visit your website and offer
useful feedback. It’s also a good way to give back to the community if
you have useful articles to share with others. Be careful not to spam
boards as you could be banned from the forum or worse ahve your site
terminated by your host.
8. Write content that is related to webmasters. This can fall in the
category of domaining and SEO, two fields in which most webmasters will
have the Alexa toolbar installed. Promote your content on social
networking websites and webmaster forums. Feel free to place the article
on your website!
9. Use Alexa redirects on your website URL. Try this: http://redirect.alexa.com/redirect?www.upmyrank.com
. Replace upmyrank.com with the URL for your website. Leave this
redirected URL in blog comments as well as forum signatures. This
redirect will count a unique IP address once a day so clicking it
multiple times won’t help. There is no official proof that redirects
positively benefit your Alexa Rank, so use with caution.
10. Create a webmaster tools section on your website. This is a magnet
for webmasters who will often revisit your website to gain access to the
tools. Aaron Wall’s webpage on SEOTools is a very good example.
You may use this content on your website to help attract potential Alexa
Toolbar visitors to your website through SEO listings. All we ask is
that you provide a link back to us on the page you are including this